CSC’s Youth Violence Prevention Program reduces youth violence and violent crime by directly engaging high-risk youth (ages 14-24) and their families in multiple evidence-based activities.
CSC implements a community-based, multi-disciplinary approach that:
- Strengthens advocacy support strategies
- Certifies outreach workers in the District of Columbia with intensive training
- Improves and expands the Gang Intervention Partnership (GIP) model
- Supports youth and their families and redirects youth to positive youth development opportunities
- Leads community education campaigns